Saturday 29 October 2011

 The day the kids handed out fliers in the
neighbourhood to advertise their youth group
was fun. We had lots of people praying for good
weather and that's exactly what we got.  Here are the boys at the gate of one of the residents. They enjoyed this exercise and wouldn't you, if you knew that an outing to Chefette awaited you?





Here's some of the gang with one of the mentors.
The other boys did not find us until later in the evening, but they had earned their stripes on
Tuesday when we literally traversed hill and dale
handing out the fliers. They took me through some sections of my old neighbourhood that I had
not visited since I was about 12 years old! It  was
fun, to say the least and at times, it felt as though
I was going back in time.





Here's every one finally at Chefette. The kids were VERY well-behaved and their appetites
were healthy after all that walking:-)
Hamming it up for the camera

Learning about the love of Jesus and spreading the Good News is definitely full of unforgettable moments. I hope that I never get tired of doing this and that if I do, there are people there to hold my hands up as they did for Moses when he grew battle weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment